SEPTEMBER 2020 HOUSING MARKET UPDATE: Bethesda, Md
September 2020 Housing Market Update: The Bethesda housing market remained strong, with single-digit days on market and record-setting median sales price increases in both areas.
The following analysis of the Bethesda, MD housing market has been prepared is based on September 2020 Bright MLS housing data.
Bethesda, MD – Overview
- The metro area median sales price ($967.0K) hit a September high, up by a record $167.0K (+20.9%) from last year.
- The median price of a single-family home ($1.15M) shot up +$237.0K (26.0%) from last year.
- The median days on market for single-family homes hit a ten-year low (8 days). Down from 20 days on market last year.
- The active 191 active listings this September, compared to 432 active listings in September 2019 (-55.78%)
- The Bethesda Area saw an increase in the number of condos sold and the median sale price of those condos, compared to last year.
- Homes continued to sell at a record-setting pace, remaining at an all-time low Eight days for a second month.
- The number of single-family home sold listings coming off the market in ten days or less (47) more than doubled from last year (23)